Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My Favorite Season

It's been a few weeks since I last posted so allow me the chance to share with you what has been going on my world. The last few weeks I have been in a sales slump and haven't made much progress towards my weekly goal of $20,000 AV. I would say that not only did the shit hit the fan, but it hit the fan and then went after me and I could barely muster enough strength to come up for air. The good thing about my approach to life is that I usually bounce back twice as determined. I'm a Scorpio so it is easy for me to get emotional about things. The perils of being passionate I suppose. Each of us has our ups and downs and I'll be the first to say that selling is an awful like a drug addiction. You have the greatest feeling in the world when you make a sale and then flies won't even land on you when you're down because they have better things to do. I went out and bought a can of Raid and motivated myself the usual way..........Jack Daniels baby!!! Just kidding......

Recap, August was my worst month to date! But now it's September and fall is my favorite season. Time to put away the Tommy Bahama and break out the sweaters and khaki's.. Throw some eggnog in starting mid October and then bam....... turkey, Christmas lights, snow, the holidays and New Years Eve.

I have some great news to share with all of you though. I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance....What do you say...Exactly, who cares!!!!!!! I just spoke with a rep from the American College up in PA and she told me that they now have a 3 year program that allows people to complete the courses at their leisure and make monthly payments instead of paying $4000+ up front. Works for me where do I sign? I'll be receiving the information shortly and plan to I start the program in October. I have found that I stay the happiest when I keep the momentum going and continue to stay busy. The happiest I have been was when I was pulling in 60-80 hour weeks and managed to unwind on the weekends. I had never even been to a happy hour until I was 26 or so. I rather make money then drink and wonder how I am going to make money.

So, starting shortly I will be conducting business as usual, but 9-11 will be spent on earning the ChFC designation. I need to complete 8 courses and expect that to take me 8-16 months depending upon how fast I can learn the material. I have 5 months to complete each course, but I highly doubt it will take that much time. We shall see if that changes once I get my first course in the mail. I generally like to have a clear picture of my goal before venturing down a path, which leads to my final thoughts.....

I have also been thinking about the direction I want to take my agency and have decided upon a path, although I'm still pondering moving or now. Right now I'm in MD for at least the next year, but I feel very strongly that I will move somewhere within the next few years....As for my agency, the focus of the agency will be financial planning that specializes in retirement planning and estate planning for small business owners. I'm getting together with a friend of mine in a few weeks who has been kind enough to take me under his wing and mentor me in the life/disability insurance areas of insurance as he presently is doing things I respect and admire. It is going to be a blast!

I'll keep you up to date as things progress.......


No comments: