Thursday, September 27, 2007

Good Times

UPDATE: I'm kicking ass and taking names. It's amazing how a diet change, some discipline, techno music and good old fashioned hard work can pay off. I have completely changed my diet recently and have been eating healthier. I'm almost done to the weight I was at when I joined the military 8 years ago. I have also cut off coffee and substituted it with Jack and Coke. Makes telemarketing a lot more pleasant :)

This week has been the best week I have experienced to date and there are still a few days left. I changed my telemarketing script this week and it is working wonderfully. My goal is to usually call 45 numbers in an hour without getting too bored off my ass and obtain 2 leads to work. I'm now average 1 appointment an hour vs. 2 leads and THIS HAS MADE A HUGE difference in my confidence level, as well as my ability to get the job done NOW!!!!

My goals haven't changed much, I just no longer count leads in the manner as before and have devised a system that makes it easier for me to track where each client is in the sales cycle. I have also set up the system that even if I do not meet one goal, I can hit the 2nd highest goal with helps to sustain my energy and enthusiasm. I only talked with one rude guy this week out of hundreds and I think part of that has to do with my change of attitude on the phone. Just today I had 4 appointments scheduled and sold one of them. The first and 2nd appointments were both no-shows, while the 3rd one netted a client a wonderful HSA plan. Unfortunately I missed the 4th appointment because the application took A LOT longer than expected, so I'm going to try and salvage that one tomorrow.

I have yet to hit my target goal of $20,000 AV per week, but I have a strong feeling that I'm getting closer. After I got done working tonight at 8:30 p.m. (evening appointments are strong if they show up) I started thinking about my potential once I can start to dump some serious money into advertising on a weekly basis and outsource my telemarketing efforts.

On a side note, I experienced my first claims issue with a client this week and was able to resolve the issue with the support of a good friend and quite a few calls to the insurance company. My client had visited a doctor who worked for a practice that was part of the network, yet the doctor did not accept the network (largest in the mid-atlantic area) so the charges were considered out of network. This just goes to show how important it is to verify that your doctor accepts the insurance network with a particular carrier. She will not be making the mistake again and we talked about how to ensure this does not happen again. She thanked me for kindly reminding her about the importance of verifying everything. When in doubt, call me because that is what I get paid to do.

No comments: