Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Licensed To Insure


I'm happy to say that I'm back and better than ever. August was a major PITA, but September is rocking. I have been focusing 100% of my efforts lately on finding cheap ways to market, as well as the usual telemarketing. Once the temperature raises slightly above HELL I will incorporate some B2B. Ahhh, I LOVE Fall.

After listening to a good friend of mine have success with local marketing, I finally cracked myself and said "Screw It." Even if I'm only in MD for another year or two, it would be stupid to not get back into networking and building up the agency. I now have a new routine that I recently implemented that incorporates daily exercise, reading, relaxation and business. I have been sleeping a lot better lately, which tells me I'm on the right track. I have gotten rid of every negative thing I can think of except taxes and things are going smoothly. I have a 80% chance of making 2 deals tomorrow, so that should net me about $4200 AV for the week. 16,000 more to go....

I also took the liberty of picking out the color, features, etc. of my Mercedes and have the pleasure of looking at the car every day on my desktop (see above picture) to keep me motivated and focused. I think there are essentially 3 keys to success not including educational resources. These attributes have helped me in the past.

1) Unwavering determination..... If somebody says you can't, you tell them to get lost and watch!

2) Strong social support - Jargon back from my psychology days that essentially means that the people you associate with provide encouragement and support without being negative. Conversing with other successful people also helps a lot.

3) Strong visual, behavioral and/or physical cues- Pictures, scents, breathing, stretching, exercise, day dreaming, all provide methods to keep you going in times of adversity.

I'm also happy to report that I am learning towards moving down to the Columbia, SC area. I plan to visit the area next spring to determine if the feel is right. You can analyze data until your blue in the face, but I'm a strong advocate that something needs to feel "right" and the only way to to do that is to experience it.

I'm particularly interested in the Lake Murray area, as my 5 year goal is to purchase a house on a lake. A sample of the type of house I like can be found here . It has mostly everything I wanted, with the exception of a pool and an immigrant earning $12 p/h filling my pool with those small Evian bottles you find in the grocery store. For all my liberal friends, you know I'm just joking........I'd never pay $12 an hour......

Believe me, nothing would be more satisfying to me then sitting outside having a kick-ass barbecue, combined with some beverages and a bit of water sports. Figure out a way to build a slide from the second story to the lake or pool and I'm golden. Every time I feel like sitting in my butt and not doing anything productive, I dive head first into the water and get back to work.

Until next time........

2 comments:

Budapest said...

JR, I have not doubt that you will accomplish all your goals. You are one of the sharpest people I've talked to in the biz.

JR said...

I appreciate the support and kind words.