Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Turn Back the Clock

Last week produced some GREAT results but alas, it is Monday. Unfortunately, I did not hit my mark of $20,000 AV, but if it was easy that wouldn't be as fun. After some tricky underwriting issues with one of my clients and an insurance carrier I ended the week with $8500 AV, so I should be seeing $1700 for my work that week once everything is approved. If I kept that pace going every week I would gross $88,400 for the year. Not a bad income by normal standards.

This week I really have to ramp up production if I'm going to hit my goals in the next year. As I stated in an earlier post I am no longer buying internet leads. My short term goal is to commit to telemarketing at least 5 hours a day generating 8-10 leads. That will yield me approximately 48-60 leads. Using conservative numbers I expect 3-4 deals a week at an average $3000 AV that should gross me $15000 AV or $3000 a week in gross income. Now we're talking. Just $5000 short of my weekly goal. Hmmmm, can I work on Sunday as well :).

I have designed a new script and will be implementing that just as soon as I get up tomorrow morning. I am now officially back in Maryland so I look forward to competing with a few friends. Usually it takes about 20 or so hours to ascertain if a script is working so I should know enough by weeks end to find out what needs to be tweaked. The script will strictly be used by me until it no longer viable.

This past weekend I contemplated the direction of the agency within the next year and 5 years down the road. I thought about hiring agents, fine-tuning the focus of the agency to include other avenues besides health insurance (estate planning, retirement planning, etc.), try to figure out what the hell happened to Alf and MacGyver, how far away is universal health care and how will that impact me.....yadda, yadda, yadda, have a another drink!


Then I had an epiphany. "STOP worrying about the what-if's and focus on personal production for the time being. Who really gives a shit about Alf except people like me who are obesessed with the 80's." If I can reach me goal of $20,000 AV a week and gross $4000-$5000 per week, why the hell should I teach somebody to do the same but only net about 1/4 of the money and have 3 times as many headaches? I did the standard Ben Franklin Close on myself and put all the pros and cons together on one sheet of paper. The results..........I'm simply not prepared right now to take on agents without sacrificing my personal production and other goals. I will hire agents down the road, but it will not be until I get some things done first.


Here's to a good week.

1 comment:

info@marylandquotes.com said...

Median pay for an attorney in Maryland is $78,124 so if you keep pace you're making more than someone who put in 7 years of college/laws school and puts in 60 hour weeks.